This week’s CSA Haul includes: cucumbers, sweet corn, broccoli, hungarian hot wax peppers, serrano peppers, baby bulb onion, patty pan squash, zucchini and kale. Sorry for the lack of photo! Mr. Nest picked it up this week and it got put away (and some got used) before I managed to snap a photo.
Everything is pretty easy to roll into our everyday eats except the peppers. Mr. Nest HATES spicy food….so I’ve got no idea what I’m going to do with hot-wax peppers and serranos. Huh. I’ll just have to get creative I guess.
Meals for the week:
- Chicken thighs, pepperoni pizza zucchini bake
- Grilled salmon, sweet potato, veggie
- Shredded beef tacos/enchiladas w/ salad
We have portions of shredded brisket in the fridge, so this should be easy to throw together. Spiced beef wrapped in tortillas topped with cheese and enchilada sauce. Depending on what night it is this might be accompanied by chips + guac and a low-alcohol margarita.
- Shrimp stir fry (with broccoli, patty pan squash, maybe some zucchini, green beans, etc) with brown rice.
- Grilled flank steak, foil packet potatoes, sweet corn
- Spinach tomato tortellini w/ salad & garlic bread
- Strata w/ rosemary bread, cheese, turkey sausages, kale, mushrooms, some extra fresh rosemary + eggs
This will be one weekend breakfast with some nice leftovers for the week!
These are AWESOME with some avocado. I’ll put them on salads. Yum.
What are you having for dinner this week?