Happy Monday! We had a busy weekend. Dave spent the night with my sister at Grandma & Grandpa’s on Saturday so we could go to an event, so he had a busy tiring weekend (as did we). Daylight savings time threw him off a bit – holy CRABBY Batman – but he slept just fine, which is nice.
This week I’m attempting to cook through things in our pantry/freezer instead of buying a lot at the store. I don’t have specific days scheduled for any of the recipes, it’ll just depend on what works for a particular night.
Dave will probably eat everything on this list except the salmon (we haven’t introduced fish yet) and the chicken thighs w/ cherries (because of the honey and wine). I think he’ll enjoy the taco shells quite a bit….and he’ll shovel sweet potato into his mouth with both hands as usual!
Here’s the list:
These will probably be beef instead of turkey since that’s what we have available.
- Veggie (spinach, mushroom, bell pepper, green onion, and maybe potato (though that’s not really a veggie) & Goat Cheese Frittata
Empty-the-fridge frittata, as usual. We have a TON of awesome farm-fresh eggs in the fridge right now, so I have to take advantage of them. 🙂
- Steak, Sweet Potato, Broccoli
I’m hoping we can bust out the grill for the first time this season sometime this week. Fingers crossed!
- Salmon, Rice, Green Beans
- Pan-Seared Chicken Thighs with Balsamic-Cherry Sauce, Rice, Veggie.
Small modifications here – our thighs are boneless, and I’ll probably sub in honey for the cherry jam so I don’t have to buy jam at the store – and the cherries will be frozen instead of fresh.
- Grilled Turkey/Cheese Sandwiches + Tomato Soup
This will be with either leftover hamburger buns from last week, or homemade sandwich bread.
- Tortellini, Italian Sausage & Spinach (and whatever other veggies are available) in Tomato Sauce w/ Garlic Toast.
Have a good week – it’s supposed to be 40 degrees here on Friday! I can’t wait. 🙂