I’ve been conspiciously absent this week, I know. My post on Monday sesems to have taken alot out of me. Still, it seems that many people identify with me (or are interested at least) because I had the most views I’ve ever had on a post! So far, the intuitive eating is…going. I’m still working on getting rid of the rules I have for myself. The actual challenge doesn’t start until Monday, so hopefully the e-mails and group chatter will help me out too. 🙂
With how gorgeous the weather is supposed to be today, I’m really regretting not taking some time off work to take Dave to the Good Friday service in my hometown today. It’s an outdoors stations-of-the-cross service and it’s a ton of fun. Next year I’ll be taking him for sure.
I’m looking forward to making him his Easter basket too! He’s too young to really get it, of course, but I don’t care. 🙂 He’ll be getting a book, some fruit pouches, plastic eggs filled with animal crackers and maybe a toy or two.
So – I missed this post last week – but here’s this week’s Friday favorites!
1) Dunn Bros Infinite Black cold press coffee. I love this stuff. I’ve had to stay away from it because it’s so “robustly caffienated” (too much caffiene = not great for pregnancy/nursing) but I had some for the first time since I found out I was pregnant earlier this week, and it was glorious.
2) This foot-flower picture Dave made at daycare that is hanging in my cube. It still makes me chuckle that they made a foot print into a flower!
3) The pictures daycare sends me through the new updating-app they started using. It’s fun to get a couple snapshots of him during the day!
4) Dave is standing on his own/walking! You’ve seen this picture before, but I don’t have another one yet. He surprised me yesterday when I picked him up from daycare by crawling over and just standing up (without using anything to pull himself up) and then walking a couple steps to me. He’ll be running before we know it! Well, he’s already running while pushing his train, but soon he won’t need that.
5) Boo turned 9 yesterday! I called him birthday-araner all day yesterday, and he got a pb/nana Kong plus beef & liver food and an egg for dinner. We got a nice walk in the great weather too. I can’t believe he’s 9 already! He can stop aging anytime.
6) So I’ve started taking an “outfit of the day” picture in an attempt to determine my style. So far, I ‘ve determined that my style is….boring. I’m not sure if that’s bad. It’s also driven quite a bit by how cold my corner of the office is. Anyway – you can see the pictures here if you’re interested. I suck at fashion, any advice is always welcome!
7) I’ve also started a “Munchkin Meals” set of photos, documenting how/what I feed Dave. Just because I can.
8) This breakfast. It’s Greens, Eggs and Hollandaise from the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook (yes, it’s my favorite – can you tell?) with multi-grain toast fingers, coffee, OJ and chicken sausage. OM NOM NOM. Looking at the picture makes me want to whip it up again for breakfast tomorrow! (It helps that it’s so ridiculously easy to make too.)
Happy Friday, and Happy Easter weekend!